High Blood Pressure
Did you know that hypertension is the most common contributing cause of death in Haiti?
We combat this statistic by offering:
- Education on how to lower blood pressure through diet and exercise
- Consistent and affordable treatment for High Blood Pressure, significantly reducing the risk of stroke
- Physical therapy for stroke victims as one of our Health Promotion initiatives.
Our prenatal and family planning programs play a part in addressing the maternal mortality rate in Haiti, which is the highest in the Western Hemisphere. At Klinik Jubilee, women receive:
- Monthly (more frequent as due date approaches) prenatal visits with referrals to hospitals for delivery
-Free prenatal vitamins and tums
- Access to laboratory testing for early detection of infection, anemia, and other risk factors in pregnancy
- Family Planning services via the Depo-Provera shot, along with education
Well Baby Visits
After participating in our Prenatal program, babies can be brought to clinic for monthly check-ups. This allows us to monitor growth, encourage healthy practices like breastfeeding, and catch and treat any illnesses before they become more serious. We also provide check-ups, testing, and treatment for the babies and children in our Formula and Malnutrition programs.
Formula & Medika Mamba
Reaching out to some of the most vulnerable members of our Jubilee community, the Formula and Medika Mamba programs seek to step in the gap, providing the nutrition that children need for a healthy start to life and preventing further serious illness.